St. Paul's extends a warm welcome to all who seek Jesus Christ in their life and the fellowship of an active worshipping community. At St. Paul's, this community of worshipers has been in place since 1834. The earliest Episcopal Services were performed in Quincy in 1834 and Jackson Kemper was the first bishop to visit in 1838. St. Paul's Parish was organized and the first Vestry was elected in the same year. In 1839, the parish joined the Diocese of Florida and was incorporated by act of the Florida Territorial Legislature on February 28, 1839. The first church was erected on this site in 1839 and was consecrated on February 21, 1841, by James H. Otey, Bishop of Tennessee. The present structure is the second church building. It was erected in 1892, enlarged in 1914, remodeled in 1928, and enlarged again with a cloister and parish hall in 1951. The St. Paul's Episcopal Church is the oldest church in continuous use in the City of Quincy.
The Rector, Vestry, and Members of St. Paul's Episcopal Church are committed to restoring all people to unity with God and each other in our Lord Jesus Christ through prayer, worship, proclaiming the gospel and actively promoting justice, peace, and love. (BCP pg. 855).
Our visitors may use the map link below to find us. We welcome you.